Part of being married is sharing space with some one else. And even if you live in a big enough place that would allow you to have a space for all your things, no space is ever big enough to have *both* and this is true when it comes to stuff in the bathroom.
We live in a 36 sqm studio condominium unit, the toilet and bath is a tiny cramped space with no shelving space in which to put toiletries (save for the tension caddy in the corner of the shower stall). And as a woman. we can get to accumulate a lot of toiletries over time.
I did a previous downsizing of my bathroom vanity, and again after my husband’s visit to the dermatology had required him to own a few of his own medicated cleansers and sunblock. It wasn’t a bad thing, downsizing allows you to be more aware of what you’re using, what you can both share to use and therefore save. Less also means more, the less you need to buy, the more you can invest on better quality products on stuff you do use.
- Moroccan Argan Oil, The Souq Organics – This is one of my must-haves in my bathroom vanity. This bottle replaces the moisturizers for night and day, and my eczema treatment lotion. It’s effectively replaced three bottles in my bathroom vanity in one go. The best thing about this product is that I found this to be far more effective than my standard moisturizers and helped alleviate the skin eczema on my upper arms. I’ve (and my husband has also noticed) felt and seen improvements on my skin from the use. The nice part of this, it’s also unisex.
- Id Lotion: Sweat Acne & Over all anti-bacterial monolaurin gel, VMV Hypoallergenics – This was recommended to me by the store to help alleviate my back acne, and help dry out the pimples in my face as well. It’s also useful as a disinfectant for hands and feet and for minor wounds–essential since we own cats and scratches are the norm here. As an added bonus this can be used for Shine control and can be applied before make-up for a matte finish. Also unisex.
- No Time To Shine Oil-Absorbing Mud Mask, Formula 10.0.6 – This is a hold over from the cosmetics I bought prior to my getting married. I’ve had problems with oily skin on my face and I realize that using this once to twice a week helped alleviate it. Although I do plan on changing this to a different formulation in the future, like something that helps deal with my black heads and white heads.
- Alcohol Free Toner, Neutrogena – I tend to have sensitive skin, so I’m very partial to Neutrogena and Celeteque for cleanser and toner products. As a toner though, I usually go for Alcohol Free.
- Deep Clean Facial Cleanser, Neutrogena – Same reason as above. I try to go for cleansers that don’t have perfumes and friendly on my skin without necessarily breaking my wallet.
- Shea Cashmere Leave On Spray for Dry Hair, Schwarzkopf – This product was bought for hair emergency purposes when we were on Hong Kong last year. HK’s weather causes my hair to frizz oh so magnificently and this leave-on spray has proven to be useful in dealing with it. Unfortunately, I’m not sure if this product is ever available here in Manila.
- Argan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner – This is a sulfate free shampoo. When I had a Brazilian blow out done on my hair, they recommended me to use a sulfate free shampoo. Since I refused to buy the ones sold on the salon, I went to the organic store and found this instead. Both Shampoo & Conditioner contain Argan Oil, and it has helped in dealing with my frizz as well. The best part is that the husband uses this as well, finding that this shampoo helped in dealing with his really oily hair. This is available in Sessou (Market Market Taguig, & Glorietta Makati).
- Studiomakeup Pro Make-up Remover – This is my all time favorite make up remover. It smells and feels pleasant and clean on the skin. It’s can effectively clean off the make-up on your face with ease. Bought at the Beauty Bar.
- Natural Deodorant, All Organics – Truth be told this is not my go to deodorant. It’s just that, it’s the closest I’d get to replace for my usual organic deodorant (whose bottle I had thrown away and couldn’t photograph anymore). I like that it can deal with bad odor and so far has not irritated my skin, but I am not a big fan of the smell of the deodorant itself.
- Nivea Sun, Immediate Sun Protection SPF 30+ – Since the husband had been told to wear sunblock, and my moisturizer has no sunblock, we decided to share a bottle of facial sunblock. Nivea Sun was a good choice to use for both of us. It’s affordable and unisex.
Here’s a list of the stuff I didn’t get a photo of–I got lazy mid-way–so I do apologize for that. Still I suppose it’s just as good as these should be something a lot of people would be more familiar with by now.
- Dove Soap Bar – My husband and I actually use the same type of soap. We both prefer the classic one; no perfumes, whitening or whatever. Classic is best and by far the most friendly to my sensitive skin as well.
- Oracare No-Sting Mouth Rinse – This is our everyday mouthwash. Efficient against morning breath.
- Bactidol Medicated Mouth wash – It may seem redundant to have two types of mouthwash, but we’re both prone to sore throats due to the weather, and this helps a lot when either of I gets the itchy-throat.
- Pyralvex Solution – This is what we use when incur blisters inside our mouths or help dealing with injuries when we accidentally bite our tongue or the inside of our cheek. Must have in the bathroom.
- Lactacyd Feminine Wash – It’s feminine wash, I don’t think I need to explain why this is necessary right? Though I usually use Eve, I’ve decided to give this one a try see if it’s any better.
- Modess Ultra Thin All Night w/Wings (Cottony Soft) – This is by far my best discovery in terms of feminine napkins. As a heavy bleeder, I’ve formerly relied on Whisper products. My biggest problem with Whisper is that it doesn’t make me feel dry as they’ve advertised. Modess though, does the job and does the job well. It’s got better coverage and leak control and does feel more comfortable than Whisper. I can not recommend enough for heavy bleeders like me.
This is all I have for now. In the future I’ll be making updates on products, because definitely this list of products will be updated as products change and new ones come in. Until then, thanks for reading~!